Search Site
How do I file for divorce?
  • How do I file for divorce?
    • video
      Firm Name: The Henry Law Firm, P.A.
      Duration: 01:45
      Date: 2019-06-27
      The divorce process begins by one spouse filing a petition or complaint. Basic information indicating how you want to proceed with issues such as alimony, property division, child custody and child support should be included in that petition. The filing spouse will make a copy of the petition and file it in the court of the county where they or the spouse lives. If you're considering divorce, attorneys at The Henry Law Firm, P.A. can explain the process and all of your options.
Related Divorce Videos
  • How long does it take to get a divorce?
  • Do contested divorces normally cost more than uncontested divorces
  • What do I need to start the divorce process?
  • How much does it cost to get a divorce?
  • Does my spouse have to agree to the divorce?
Contact us

Please fill out the form below and our office will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Overland Park Office
    9225 Indian Creek Parkway, Suite 1150
    Overland Park, Kansas 66210
    Phone: 913-381-5020
    Fax: 913-627-9900
Memberships & Recognition