Experienced Overland Park Family Law Attorneys Serve Clients Throughout Kansas
Partnering with clients to find lasting solutions to urgent concerns
Whether you are experiencing the pain of marital conflict or facing another legal issue close to home, the attorneys at The Henry Law Firm, P.A. listen to your needs, understand your concerns and help you reach practical and reasonable solutions to your legal problems. We believe in sharing your journey from crisis to resolution by helping you understand the law and your options and then guiding you step by step to a successful conclusion.
Our family law practice areas
Our family law attorneys draw on 30 years of combined experience to provide legal services and representation across a wide spectrum of issues, including:
- Dissolution of marriage — In Kansas, depending on your circumstances, you can seek a civil annulment, a legal separation (known as separate maintenance) or a divorce. If an annulment is not appropriate and you are not ready for a divorce, we can help secure your rights with a comprehensive separation agreement that settles issues related to support, children and property. If you opt for divorce, our attorneys accompany you through every difficult twist and turn to final resolution. We guide you through mediation or litigation, depending on which is likely to obtain the best possible results for you — including fair distribution of assets, division of the marital home, child support payments and child custody rights.
- Child custody and parenting time — For every parent, child custody issues are the most heart-wrenching aspect of a divorce or paternity action. Our family law attorneys advocate for your parental rights so you can bring up your children in the way that best serves your children’s interests and needs. We help with all matters related to your parenting plan, including complex jurisdictional matters involving the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act (UCCJEA) and/or the Uniform Interstate Family Support Act (UIFSA). We also assist with the registration of foreign child custody and/or support orders. We are adept at creating parenting time plans that fit your family circumstances, assisting with parenting coordination, and managing disputes that might call for enforcement or modification of your court order.
- Financial support — Divorce is difficult, but it should not lead to a financial crisis. Our attorneys help you establish, as may be necessary, a fair and equitable amount for spousal support, also known as alimony. As for child support, Kansas law dictates that parents share the responsibility of supporting their children financially. Our family law attorneys help ensure that your children receive the financial support required for a healthy, happy upbringing. Child support obligations remain the same unless and until the court modifies the child support order. If either parent experiences a significant change in financial circumstances, our family law attorneys can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify the child support obligations accordingly.
- Mediation — This cooperative process puts the decisions in your hands rather than the court’s and can often provide more expedient, predictable results than a trial. The skilled negotiators at The Henry Law Firm, P.A. can help you obtain the most favorable divorce settlement using private mediation.
- Family law agreements — When you decide to marry or live with someone outside of marriage, you may not foresee the potential problems that can eventually lead to a parting of the ways. Our experienced lawyers expect the unexpected and draft premarital and postmarital agreements that protect both spouses’ interests and can alleviate some of the stress should you ever divorce. We also draft nonmarital cohabitation agreements for couples sharing a household without committing to marriage.
- Paternity actions — We provide representation for all interested parties in actions to establish paternity.
- Protective orders — If you are the victim of a stalker or domestic abuse, we can help you get a protective order that provides additional legal safeguards for your safety and welfare.
On these issues and many more, we provide highly personalized legal services. Our dedicated attorneys are committed to sharing the journey with you until you’ve reached a successful conclusion.
Contact a trustworthy family law firm in Overland Park, Kansas.
When a crisis strikes close to home, the attorney you choose must be able to understand your needs and provide effective representation to protect your rights. Since 2008, clients throughout Kansas have trusted The Henry Law Firm, P.A. to do just that. Call us at 913-381-5020 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced family law attorneys in Overland Park.